Wisdom of the Ages

Politics and policy as unusual - tested by time and maturity

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iona, Southwest Florida, United States

I am an unapologetic conservative. My opinions have been formed by decades of observation of human myopia.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

What ever happened to "gravitas"?

Doesn't seem to me like it was that long ago that "gravitas" was a high order criterion for evaluating a Presidential candidate.

We never hear about it much anymore.

Maybe it's because the front runner and media darling has all the gravitas of a fruit fly.

How else can you describe a candidate who flits around without substance but lands on "change" and "hope" and "I didn't know they were saying that" long enough to get some media attention.

I can envision four years of bread and circuses. Your taxes and my taxes will pay for the bread. The circuses will feature a ringmaster spouting "hope" and "change."

Add to Technorati Favorites

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home